Mac address plays a very significant role in any device that is used to join a network. Network data transfer protocols become very simpler for routing with the help of a Mac address and Ip address.
Many people think that Mac addresses are used only in computer-related stuff but it’s not true. Many people believe so as in earlier days it was used in computer-related products only.
However, technology is improving and advancing day by day and now almost all electronic devices are smart and need internet access. Different electronic devices have different unique Mac addresses.
Nowadays, TVs are also SMART and internet-connected having their unique Mac address.
Finding the Mac address of different SMART TVs have different procedures as manufacturers have dissimilarity in their devices may it be hardware or software.
So, if you are wondering How to find Mac Address on LG smart TV then don’t worry I got you covered.
In this article, I will guide you step-by-step so that you can find the Mac Address on LG smart Tv.
The steps are quite easy and uncomplicated and within minutes you will be able to find the Mac address on LG smart TV.
So, here are the appropriate steps to find the Mac address on LG smart TV.
How to find Mac Address on LG smart TV
To find the Mac address on LG smart Tv you will need the remote control of your TV to navigate through the menu.
Ensure that your LG Smart Tv is successfully connected to a stable internet connection before actually beginning the process.
- Initially, you are required to press the GEAR icon on the remote control of your TV. By doing this the settings on your LG Smart TV will open.
- After pressing the GEAR icon, several icons will be visible on the left part of the television screen. Among these icon sets, you will see an icon named NETWORK that is purple-colored. Using the arrow keys of your remote control navigate to the ‘NETWORK’ icon and press the OK button.
- After pressing OK, one more menu will be seen on the left part of the television screen. There will be two sections in this menu, the first section having icons is the core menu whereas the second menu is a sub-menu of the icon which you select. You will see the sub-menu of the ‘NETWORK’ icon.
- To select the sub-menu you will first need to move to the sub-menu section by pressing the left arrow button on the remote control. Once you move to the sub-menu section, navigate to the item named ‘WIFI CONNECTION’. Press that sub-menu and you will see the connected network in a new window.
- Click the menu item named ‘ADVANCED WIFI SETTINGS’ in the new window. After pressing it, you will see not only see the MAC address but also the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS server address.
Can we change the MAC address of the LG smart TV?
There is no way by which you can change the Mac address of the LG smart TV. The Mac address is a physical address that is placed permanently on your electronic device.
The same goes for the LG Smart Tv and the Mac address can’t be changed.
But, there are various ways by which people still change the Mac address of some network devices.
There are some advanced techniques for system modification or spoofing by which they change the Mac address. However, these techniques only work on advanced systems.
The LG Smart Tv lacks the advanced abilities required for spoofing and hence there is no way that you can change the Mac address of the LG Smart TV.
If you still have not found the Mac address on LG smart Tv then watch the below video. The video has all the steps that I mentioned and it will help you understand better.
With the help of this video you will be easily able to find out the Mac address, IP address, subnet mask, gateway, as well as DNS server address of the LG smart TV.