Are you a Honeywell thermostat user? If your answer is yes, then this read is going to help you with a lot of issues including the high electricity bills and malfunctioning.
Usually, people forget to turn off their thermostats. This usually results in high electricity bills. This is because of the malfunctioning of your thermostat. So, in this read, we will discuss how you can fix this issue.
The only thing you’ve to do is reset your Honeywell thermostat either to default or factory setting and you’re good to go.
So, how can you reset your Honeywell thermostat? Turn off the Honeywell Thermostat, take out the batteries, and then put the battery in the wrong manner, place positive to the negative side and negative to the positive side for some time. Around 10 seconds later, correctly insert the battery and that’s it. Your Honeywell thermostat is good to go!
So, let’s start with the Honeywell 9000.
Honeywell Home 9000 Series Thermostat And Vision Pro
This is the Wi-Fi-enabled thermostat. It comes with a lot of interesting abilities and features that you probably won’t get in a thermostat. One of the popular features is its smart response technology that automatically learns whether your place needs heating or cooling.
Another unique feature is the 7-day programming feature. You can schedule your thermostat if you’re going out for a holiday or vacation with your family.
Aside from these facilities, there are various other features such as an auto daylight adjustment option for maximum power saving and multiple language choices to set the language as per your preference. Also, you get a 12/24 hour setting to adjust.
You can also manage the Honeywell Home 9000 with your voice, and thus, it supports some of the popular home automation hubs.
Smart Home hub compatible with Honeywell Home 9000 series and Vision Pro
- Windows Cortana
- Google Assistant
- Google Home
Well, technically no crumbs are left. However, this is not the end of the features list. For example, if you’re not at home and your thermostat starts facing some issues, then you don’t have to worry, you’ll get a notification on your smartphone about the same. Isn’t that amazing?
Now, How Can You Reset Your Honeywell 9000 Series Thermostat?
Here are the steps how you can do it:
- Firstly, press the “Menu” button.
- Now, navigate to the “Preferences” option.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Restore to Factory Default” option.
- Lastly, tap on the “Yes” option to confirm the factory reset.
Now, your Honeywell thermostat has got reset and is back to its normal state.
Honeywell 8000 Series Thermostat
Everyone wants a touchscreen system in current times. In this case, the Honeywell 8000 series is the one for you.
It comes with a 10 inches touchscreen LCD screen and uses 4 AA batteries. Its durability and performance are amazing and worth every penny.
You can also schedule your thermostat differently for different days of the week. For example, from Monday-Friday, you can schedule it differently, and for Sundays and Saturdays, you can plan it differently as everyone will be in the house.
It uses the Smart responses technology, thus it can adjust automatically after determining the conditions and situations.
Now, How Can You Reset The Honeywell 8000 Series Thermostat?
The step for this model is somewhat different from the 9000 series model. Here are the steps:
- Tap on the “System” option.
- You’ve to press the center button for some settings to get your required option.
- Once you get the “Reset to factory setting”, tap on it.
- Lastly, your thermostat will restart and that’s it! Your thermostat is good to go.
Honeywell 7000 Series Thermostat
These 7000 series thermostats come with a touchscreen LCD screen and are programmable as well.
However, the screen is not colored. Still, it has the 7-day set-up feature in it. This series thermostat compatibility is somewhat different as they don’t have the voice control feature.
Though the smart response technology manages the cooling and heating features.
The adaptability of the Honeywell 7000 series thermostat
- Single Stage Cooling and Heating
- Furnace (warm air)
- Multi-stage cooling and heating
- Heating only
- Cooling only
- Central air conditioning
- Hot water
- Electric baseboard heat
- Heat pump without the auxiliary heat
- Hot water
- Heat pump with the auxiliary heat
Now, How Can You Reset The Honeywell 7000 Series Thermostat?
Here are the steps to reset your thermostat:
- Turn off your Honeywell thermostat
- Now, switch off the circuit breaker.
- Take out the thermostat and remove the 2 AAA batteries from it
- Put the battery in the wrong manner, positive to the negative side and negative to the positive side.
- Leave those batteries in this manner for around 5 to 10 seconds and then take them out.
- Properly put the battery.
- The display will switch on.
- Lastly, turn on the circuit breaker.
That’s it, your thermostat got a reset and is in the proper state now.
If you face any problem while following the step, then you can also check the user manual.
Honeywell 6000 Series Thermostat
This thermostat series is WiFi-enabled. You can simply connect this thermostat to the internet by signing up with your email id on the Honeywell home/registration page.
Once you’re done with the registration process, you can simply manage your thermostat from anywhere through your smartphone or laptop. Yes, it is that easy!
Its user interface is also good, and you can even hover over several options.
Compatibility of the Honeywell 6000 thermostats
- Central air conditioning
- Multistage and Hydronic cooling and heating
- All kinds of heat pumps
If you have any doubt or confusion concerning the cooling and heating system you have, then you can navigate to their support page as well.
Do ensure that you don’t use the air conditions when the temperature outside is below 50°F (10°C). Using it at that time can damage the compressor of your thermostat.
Now, How Can You Reset The Honeywell 6000 Series Thermostat?
Here are the steps to reset your Honeywell 6000 Series Thermostat:
- Push the “Fan” key and hold it for some time. Now, press the “Up” arrow button for some time without losing the “Fan” button.
- Press both the buttons for around 5 to 10 seconds.
- Release both the keys, then push the first key from the right.
- Now, keep pressing the button until you get 39 displayed on its screen.
- With the help of the “Down” arrow button, bring that number to 0
- Tap on “Done”, then you’ll notice the Wi-Fi setup flashing on the top of the screen.
Now, your thermostat is reset and you can connect it to the internet and configure it.
Honeywell 4000 Series Thermostat
This series of the thermostat is programmable and is even compatible with various electric heating units.
So, if you own any heating units from the list below, then you can easily manage them with your Honeywell 4000 series thermostat. The Most used thermostat in this 4000 series is the RLV4300.
Compatible heating system
- Convector type heating unit
- Baseboard heater and fan-forced
- Radiant Ceiling
Though, there are many drawbacks of this thermostat as well. This thermostat isn’t compatible with the resistant load over 12.5 A and a resistance load under 1.25 A.
So, if you have a central heating unit at your place, then it’s not the one for you. So, don’t get this one for your place.
This series of thermostats use 120 to 240V direct current and thus, if you prefer to DIY, then look at your house wiring first. Plus, it is recommended to ask an expert as it is dangerous to do it on your own.
Now, How Can You Reset Your Honeywell 4000 Series Thermostat
Here are the steps for that:
- Turn on your thermostat
- Push the “Program” key three times
- Get a pointed object or wire, then put that object in the hole on the right side of the buttons.
- Hold it for around 2 to 5 seconds and then release it.
- That’s it, your Honeywell 6000 series thermostat is successfully reset!
Now, you can reprogram your schedules and set your clock again.
Keep in mind, since you’ve reset your thermostat, it is in default settings now. You have to configure your thermostat again.
Honeywell 2000 Series Thermostat
This is the very first series to have the programmable feature in the Honeywell thermostat.
Though it was the first programmable thermostat, this one is good to go if your budget doesn’t allow you for the 9000 series smart thermostat.
Here’s a list of compatibility of the series 2000 Honeywell thermostat
- Centralized air conditioning
- Furnace (gas, oil, and heat)
- Heat pumps without the backup heat
- Both cooling and heating system
- Water system without the heat pump
- Water system with the heat pump
The only drawback of this series thermostat is that it doesn’t support multi-stage heat pumps and systems.
Now, How Can You Reset Your Honeywell 2000 Series Thermostat?
Here are the steps for the same:
- Turn off your thermostat
- Now, turn off the circuit breaker.
- Take out the thermostat and remove the 2AAA batteries from it.
- Oppositely place the battery, the positive side is placed to negative and the negative side is placed to positive
- Wait for around 5 to 10 seconds and remove the batteries.
- Place the battery properly.
- Turn on your thermostat and you’ll notice the display light.
- Now, turn on the circuit breaker.
That’s it you’ve successfully reset your Honeywell 2000 series thermostat.
Honeywell 1000 Series Thermostat
This Honeywell thermostat series doesn’t come with programmable options, and it is more like a conventional thermostat than a smart one.
However, if you’re looking for a smart thermostat for your place, then this isn’t recommended.
Now, How Can You Reset Your Honeywell 1000 Series Thermostat
The steps to reboot the Honeywell 1000 series thermostat are just like that of the 2000 series.
Still, to clear your confusion and queries, here are the steps to reset it:
- Turn off the power to turn off your thermostat
- Turn off the circuit breaker to avoid any accident
- Remove the thermostat and take out the batteries
- Oppositely put those batteries, positive to the negative side and negative to the positive side.
- Keep them in the same way for around 5 to 10 seconds and then remove it
- Now, place the batteries in right place properly
- Turn on your thermostat.
- Lastly, switch on your power supply from the circuit breaker.
Now, your Honeywell thermostat is reset to default. You’ve to configure your thermostat again to your desired settings and temperatures.
Honeywell Lyric T Family Thermostat
This one from the Honeywell is really popular. Plus, in today’s market, it’s the competitor of the NEST thermostat. This thermostat needs a C wire for the additional connection to the power, and thus needs a low voltage to operate.
It’s very simple to install and you can place it anywhere near your cooling or heating unit. It comes with Geofence technology, and thus, it can detect when you’re at home and when you’re not.
The pop-up notification feature of this thermostat keeps you notified when there’s a need for a filter replacement or when the temperature inside your place has decreased or increased to the extreme.
So, if you’re looking for an alternative for the Nest learning thermostat, then the Honeywell home RCHT8612WF T5 is the one for you.
Now, How Can You Reset The Honeywell Lyric T Family Thermostat?
Here’s how you can do it:
- Tap on the “Menu” option displayed on the home screen of your thermostat.
- Tap on the > or < button until you get the “Reset” option on your screen.
- Once you see the “Reset” option, tap on “Select”
- Again with the help of the arrow keys get to the reset options.
- Tap one of the “Reset” options and then tap on “Select”
- Tap on “Yes” to reset your thermostat
- However, if you tap on “No”, then you’ll go back to the main menu.
That’s it, your thermostat is reset, now you can configure it.
How To Reset The “Schedules”?
- Tap on the “Menu” option on your LCD screen
- Tap on the arrow keys until you get the “Reset” option
- Tap on “Select”, when you see the “Reset” option.
- Use > or < keys to get the “Schedule” option. Once you see the option, tap on it.
- Lastly, tap on “Yes” to confirm it.
That’s it, your thermostat schedule has been reset!
Honeywell always concentrates on manufacturing smart and top-notch thermostats in the markets.
However, the NEST thermostats came up with the new-generation version, which is quite good and comes with a lot of abilities and features.
However, you’re not going to see a comparison here.