Ring doorbells have become an essential part of home security, allowing homeowners to monitor their property remotely. However, many users are often concerned about the subscription fees associated with accessing and storing recorded videos. In this guide, we will walk you through various methods to save Ring doorbell videos without a subscription. From downloading videos to your device to utilizing third-party apps, we have you covered. Keep reading to learn how to keep your home secure without breaking the bank.
How to Save Ring Doorbell Video Without Subscription
In this section, we will explore different methods to save your Ring doorbell videos without the need for a subscription.
Using the Ring App
The Ring app provides a straightforward way to save your doorbell videos without a subscription. Follow these steps:
- Open the Ring App: Launch the Ring app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Access the Video: Navigate to the “Event History” section and select the video you want to save.
- Download the Video: Tap the share icon and choose the “Download” option. The video will be saved to your device’s camera roll.
Utilizing Third-Party Screen Recorders
Another option to save Ring doorbell videos is by using third-party screen recording apps. Here’s how:
- Install a Screen Recorder: Download and install a reputable screen recording app from your device’s app store.
- Open the Ring App: Launch the Ring app and access the video you want to save.
- Start Recording: Activate the screen recorder and play the video. The app will record the video as it plays on your screen.
- Save the Recording: Once the video has played, stop the recording and save the captured video to your device.
Downloading from Ring Website
If you prefer to use a computer, you can download Ring doorbell videos from the official Ring website:
- Log into Your Account: Visit the Ring website and log into your Ring account.
- Access Event History: Navigate to the “Event History” section to view your recorded videos.
- Download the Video: Select the video you want to save and click on the download option. The video will be saved to your computer’s default download location.
Exploring Additional Options
In addition to the methods mentioned above, there are a few more options to consider:
- Share and Save: Most Ring doorbell videos can be shared via email. You can send the video to your own email address and download it from there.
- Cloud Storage Services: Upload your videos to cloud storage services like Google Drive or Dropbox. This way, you can access them from any device.
- Local Storage: Set up a local storage solution, such as a NAS (Network Attached Storage), to save your Ring doorbell videos.
Can I save Ring doorbell videos directly to a USB drive?
Yes, some Ring doorbell models allow you to connect a USB drive to the device, enabling you to save videos directly to the drive.
Are third-party screen recording apps safe to use?
Yes, if you download reputable apps from trusted sources, they are generally safe to use. Make sure to read reviews and check app permissions.
Will using third-party methods void my Ring warranty?
No, using third-party methods to save videos should not void your Ring warranty. However, it’s always a good idea to review Ring’s terms of service.
How long are Ring doorbell videos stored on the cloud?
Without a subscription, Ring doorbell videos are usually stored for up to 60 days. After that, they may be deleted to make space for new recordings.
Can I access saved videos from different devices?
Yes, if you save videos to cloud storage services, you can access them from various devices with internet connectivity.
Is there an official paid option for saving videos without a subscription?
As of now, Ring does not offer an official paid option specifically for saving videos without a subscription.
Saving your Ring doorbell videos without a subscription is not only possible but also quite convenient. Whether you choose to use the Ring app, third-party screen recording apps, or other methods, you can have peace of mind knowing that your home’s security footage is easily accessible. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can maintain control over your video recordings and enhance your home security without the extra cost of a subscription.
You May Also Enjoy Reading: Is Ring Doorbell Always Recording? (Surprising!)