Are you wondering of ways to turn off your Amazon Fire TV Stick? Then this article will certainly be of use to you. Until now, the only way to turn it off is by unplugging it from its very power socket. Furthermore, you need to wait for at least 20 minutes until your Fire TV Stick doesn’t get into sleep mode.
But the crux is this feature or idea won’t work well with certain applications. In short, putting your Fire Stick in sleep mode does mean it utilizes less power; however, that won’t stop you from receiving software updates.
Thus, we decided to bring you this ultimate guide to help you turn off your Amazon Fire TV Stick manually in addition to putting it in sleep mode any time you deem to.
Steps to Turn Off your Fire TV Stick Using a Remote
One of the quickest and viable ways of turning off your Fire TV stick is to use your remote. The mechanism is simple, similar to other Fire TV remotes; you have to press and hold the Home button on the remote. Once the screen changes, you can go on to choose Sleep mode from the options.
Here is a quick sneak peek into the process:
- Press and continue to hold the Home Button on your Fire TV Stick remote for a minimum of 3 seconds: It is easy to find the Home button, which comprises a logo that is home shaped. You can find it placed in the center of your Fire TV Stick remote. Pressing and holding it for 3 seconds will turn your TV screen dark. Later, you can find a pop-up menu.
- Select Sleep option from the list for turning off your Fire TV Stick: For selecting the Sleep option, you must use the right directional button on the Fire TV remote. It will help you navigate to the option that comprises a moon-shaped logo. Press the button placed in the center of the ring of your remote to select the option highlighted.
Thereby your Fire TV Stick will now soundly go into sleep mode. But that doesn’t mean your TV has turned off as well. Herein, you will either have to turn it off manually or by using another remote.
You can also turn on your Fire TV Stick by pressing any given button on your Fire TV Stick remote.
Steps to Turn Off Your Fire TV Stick Through the Home Screen
The next aspect is turning off your Fire TV Stick through the home screen option. For doing so, you need to first press on the Home Button with a house-shaped logo on your Fire TV Stick remote. Later, press the directional button with an up sign for accessing the top of the menu.
Herein, select and press the Settings option. Furthermore, go on to scroll to your right and now select the My Fire TV option. Now, finally, scroll down the option and select Sleep. Your Fire TV Stick will go into sound Sleep.
Here’s a quick guide to the process
- Go to Home Screen: For this, press the Home Button given on the Fire TV remote.
- Navigate to Settings: On the upper corner on the right side of your Home Screen, you can find the settings option. Access the menu by pressing the directional button with an up sign in your remote. Later press the right directional button to reach where the Settings option is highlighted. Now press the button in the middle of the circle in your Fire TV Stick remote to choose the Settings option.
- Choose My Fire TV: After navigating to the Settings, now move down using the downward directional button on the remote. Press the right directional button until you find the My Fire TV highlighted. Finally, press the button given in the middle of the circle of your remote to choose the option highlighted.
Note: In the Older version of Fire TV devices, the option can be known as ‘device’.
- Scroll down to select the Sleep mode for turning off your Fire TV Stick: Selecting the Sleep option will help in turning off your Fire TV stick. But that may not turn off your TV which depends on your setup too.
Related Article– Amazon Fire Stick showing No Singnal?
Steps to Turn Off Your Fire TV Stick Using Smartphone
Wondering how to turn off your Fire TV Stick using your Smartphone? Well, the steps are quite easy and quick too. For this, use your Smartphone for downloading and installing the Fire TV app. Once installed, select your device from the given options. Go on to select the gear icon placed on the left top corner of the screen. Herein, tap the Sleep option from the pop-up menu.
Here is a detailed guide:
- Open your Amazon Fire TV App on your Smartphone: Download the Fire TV app available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Note: If you are using the Fire TV app for the first time, you need to set it up. For setting up your Fire TV app, select the device and now sign in to your Amazon account using your Username and Password. Now enter the four-digit code on the screen.
Furthermore, it is also imperative to use the same WiFi network on your Fire TV Stick and that of your Smartphone. For this, check your WiFi network on your Fire TV device. Herein go to the Settings, select the My Fire TV – select the About option and Network. Here you will be able to find your WiFi network listed under the SSID.
- Select the gear icon: You can find the gear option listed on the left top corner of the screen
- Select the Sleep Option for turning off your Fire TV Stick
Are you finding any issue with your remote, then do check our detailed guide on pairing your Fire TV Stick remote and resetting it.