There are a ton of possible threats online and hence you need to ensure your Eero network is secured all the time. Security is the number one priority of Eero and even they offer a plan especially for added protection. If you are confused about whether you really need Eero secure subscription then stay tuned till the end.
So, Is Eero really worth the money? Eero secure is absolutely worth the money and the plans start from as little as $2.99. The Eero networks advanced features like enhanced security, parental control, as well as adblocking. Eero Secure is worth it as it covers all the devices connected to the network either through WiFi or ethernet.
Currently, Eero provides two subscription plan offers: Eero Secure and Eero Secure+. The more in-depth knowledge and information you have about the two plans the more able you will become to choose between the two.
Is Eero Secure Worth the Money?
The Eero Secure plan costs $2.99 a month or $29.99 yearly. I guess it is worth the money because you get a lot of top of the line features just for a few bucks. If you are a new Eero secure customer you get 30 days of a free trial. After using it for about a month I hope you could decide to continue it or not based on the user experience.
What features do you get with Eero Secure?
By using Eero Secure you add even more protection to your already protected Eero WiFi Network. The added protection you get from Eero Secure can be enjoyed on all your favourite devices that are connected to your Eero WiFi network.
Below is the list of most significant features that you get with Eero Secure:
- Adblocking– Eero’s adblocker blocks almost all the ads even the in-application ads as well. Adblocking by Eero Secure is very efficient and effective. According to user reports, most of the users say that adblocking itself makes their Eero Secure subscription worth the money.
- High-Efficient Threat Security– Eero Secure’s Advanced Threat Protection avoid users visiting sites that contain malware and dangerous threats. However, if there is an urgent need to visit such a site you can turn off the Advanced Threat Protection through the Eero Application under ‘Security and Privacy.’
- Advanced SafeSearch– This is one of the most useful features of Eero Secure and you can choose what your children are seeing. You can turn off websites by filters that have nudity and sexual activities, illegal stuff, drugs, hacking, betting, and harmful violence. The user needs to have an Eero account to turn ON/OFF SafeSearch. You can also turn ON/OFF SafeSearch from Eero Application.
- Eero Activity Center– Under the activity tab in the Eero app, you can see what all websites were blocked, visited, or filtered from the devices connected to the Eero Wifi. Eero Activity Center examines your data on a week to week basis as well as graphs to understand deeper.
What are the benefits of Eero Secure+?
All the features of Eero Secure come with Eero Secure+ as well but this upgraded plus plan provides some extra features. Advanced threat protection, SafeSearch, Adblocking, and Eero activity centre are the same as the Eero Secure.
However, with Eero Secure+ you get some useful features like a Personal VPN, Password Manager, and anti-virus software. Eero Secure+ costs $9.99 a month or $99.99 a year.
Below is the list of most significant features that you get with Eero Secure+:
- You get a 1Password Family Account to easily share, manage, and analyze your several accounts login to a maximum of 4 family members.
- With the Eero Secure+ plan, you get antivirus software named Malwarebytes. With a Malwarebytes subscription, you get anti-virus protection for a maximum of 3 devices.
- You also get an Encrypt.me VPN with the Eero Secure+ plan. You can use this personal VPN along with 5 other family members.
Eero Secure Vs Eero Secure+
|Features||Eero Secure||Eero Secure+|
|Advanced Threat Protection||Yes||Yes|
|Parental Control||Filters available for illegal substances, nudity and sexual sites, violence||Filters avaialble for illegal substances, nudity and sexual sites, violence|
|Anti-Virus||None||Malwarebyte subscription for maximum of three devices|
|VPN||None||Encrypt.me Membership for up to five people|
|Password Manager||None||1Password Membership for up to five people|
|Price||$2.99 per month or $29.99 a year||$9.99 per month or $99 a year|
Eero Secure is not at all mandatory so if you have a shoestring budget then you can completely avoid it. Eero WiFi network is decently secured even without an additional security plan. Even without any added plan, you can make profiles of your family members and control access to the internet to specific profiles from the Eero App.
If you are a parent then Eero Secure is very much suggested as you get advanced parental control to filter what your kids see on the internet. Also, automatic updates don’t require any kind of subscription.
If you are someone who is paying subscription fees for a VPN, anti-virus software, or a password manager then Eero Secure+ is highly recommended for you. You can save a lot of money by using Eero Secure+ as all of these services individually will cost too much. If you don’t use any of the above services then Eero Secure+ is not worth the money.
Check out– How to get a flooring for a Home Gym?
Wrapping it up
Eero Secure provides significant features like advanced threat security, ad blocking, activity centre, and safe parental search that works wonders with your Eero device. Eero Secure is a very cheap subscription which you can buy monthly or yearly. For just $2.99 you get all these useful features making Eero Secure absolutely worth the money.
On the other hand, Eero Secure+ is more than three times the price and is a bit of the costlier side. But, if you are paying for an individual VPN, password manager, or anti-virus software then this Eero Secure+ is worth getting as you get all the services in one place.