The ring is considered as the best of the best smart security systems. And for many reasons, Ring users want it to be connected with the voice assistant they have in their place.
If you’re a Google Home user, you might wonder whether or not Ring is compatible with the Google Home. So, in this read, I’ll share the information regarding the same.
So, the question is does the Ring Doorbell operate in Google Home? The answer is yes. Ring devices are compatible with the Google Home, however, there are few limitations, as Google’s Nest and Ring are rivals of one another. You can easily connect the Ring device with your Google Home hub, however, you wouldn’t be able to stream the live feed or videos.
The home security company of Ring is owned by Amazon. On the other hand, Google Home smart speaker is a potent device that follows your voice commands and can play songs as well.
So, if you’re a Google Home user and you get a Ring Doorbell or any other smart device, then you would be able to manage all of these devices simply with a voice command.
How Can You Add Your Ring Doorbell In Google Home?
If you’ve recently purchased a device and are connecting it for the first time, then do ensure that you’ve installed the Google Home App. You can find this app on Play Store if you’re an Android user. However, if you’re an iPhone user, then you can get it from the Apple store.
If you’re an Apple user, make sure you’ve installed the Google Assistant from the Apple store. If you’re an Android user, you already have a pre-installed Google Assistant on your smartphone, so you don’t have to install it.
Here are the steps you should follow to connect your Ring device with the Google Home:
- Firstly, you’ve to up your “Google Home App”.
- Now, click on the “+” symbol, present at the topmost left corner.
- Tap on “Set up a new device”, then tap on “Have something already set up?”
- Select your Ring device from the provided options.
- Now, there are instructions given on the app, follow them carefully.
- Once you’re done, Google home will request you to “Allow” the device.
- Lastly, tap on “Allow”, then click on “Done”.
If these steps don’t work, then you can simply scan the QR code. It is provided at the back of your Ring Doorbell. This way, Google home will automatically connect itself with the Ring Doorbell.
How Can You Set Up Your Doorbell Name?
Here are the steps to set up a name for your doorbell:
- Open your Google Home App.
- Now, navigate to “Home”, then click on the “Settings” option.
- Insert the name for the doorbell and lastly top on “Save”.
However, if you’re using the same google account for Google Home and Ring, then the setup becomes much easier. As working with the same account makes the synchronization much easier and will add the device automatically.
How Can You Connect Google Home To Your Smart TV?
Till here you can easily connect your Ring Doorbell to the google home. But what’s the use of it if you cannot stream the live feed and know who’s at your front door?
Don’t worry, we’ve got a solution for that too. If you connect your Google Home to your Smart TV, you can easily watch the person at your front door. So let’s dig in without waiting further!
Here are the steps to connect your Smart TV to Google Home:
- Now, click on the “+” icon, then on “Set up device” and lastly on “Set up a new device”.
- Now, pick “Home name”, this could either be your Bedroom TV or your common room TV.
- Pick the device of your choice, then top on the “Next” button.
- A code will appear on your smartphone as well as on your TV.
- If the appeared code match, then tap on “Yes, I am”.
- Pick your Wi-Fi network, then top on the “Next” button.
- Lastly, pick your desired video services on your Smart TV, and then click on “continue”.
Some Essential Google Assistant commands For Watching Ring Doorbell Videos On Your Smart TV
Here are some important commands you can use for streaming your doorbell videos on your Smart TV.
- Hey Google, show my Doorbell’s name. (Here, you would say your doorbell name.)
- Hey Google, Stop. (This command will stop the streaming of videos from your doorbell.)
- Hey Google, What’s on my Doorbell’s name? (Here, you would say your doorbell name.)
How To Share Your Device Access?
Many members of your family would want to access the doorbell. As you are working with a Ring Doorbell, rather than giving your credentials to everyone you can simply share the access. Ring Doorbell provides you with such an option.
This feature is much better and secure rather than sharing credentials with all the members. Here are the steps to add a user to your Ring device:
- Open your Ring app, then navigate to the “Menu” option.
- Tap on “Settings”, then select the “+” symbol present on the right corner of your screen.
- Now, enter the email of the person you want to give access to.
- Tap on “Assign role”.
- You can pick from any of the 3 options given, shared users, Guest, or Owner.
- Tap on “Send Invite”.
- Now, tell the user to allow the invite.
- Once the person has accepted the invite, then he/she will get access to your Ring Doorbell.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you alter movement detection sensitivity in your Ring Device?
Yes, you can change motion detection sensitivity in the Ring doorbell. All you’ve to do is make a box to set up motion zones that are important for you to monitor.
I hope this read helped you with resolving your queries!