Spectrum app is perfect for getting a daily dose of news and entertainment in a reliable way. The Spectrum app supports a lot of popular news channels like Fox ABC, CBS, NBC, and CW News. Not only that it has over 50,000 shows and movies to watch.
It is an amazing app to have for entertainment but you need to check whether it supports your TV or not. I have an Lg smart TV and the real question is Does the Spectrum app work on LG Smart Tv?.
The quick answer to this question is NO! But, don’t worry I got you covered. Spectrum has an online streaming service that can be accessed on Lg smart TV using several ways. You can use Xbox One, Roku TV, or Chromecast to Streamline Spectrum on your LG Smart TV.
In this article, we are going to talk about different ways to stream the Spectrum app on the Lg Smart TV, all Spectrum streaming packages as well as some common questions related to Using Spectrum on Lg Smart TV. So, let’s get started!
Top 3 Ways to Stream Spectrum on LG TV
Streamline Spectrum on LG TV using Roku
Roku is a simple platform that allows you to stream entertainment on your TV. Roku has its own channel store from where you can download apps that are not present in the LG TV webOS.
By using the following steps you can streamline the Spectrum app on the LG Smart TV:
- The first step is to connect the Roku device to the Lg TV. Before doing this make sure to turn on the internet on the Roku device.
- Find the Streaming channels section located in the home section. You can navigate to the home section by pressing the home button located on the remote controller.
- You will see a search box, navigate to it and search Spectrum TV app in the search box.
- You will see instructions to download and install the Spectrum TV app. After successfully installing the Spectrum app on Roku device, launch it.
- Tweak the Spectrum TV app according to your needs and enjoy streaming Spectrum on Lg TV.
Streamline Spectrum on LG TV using Chromecast
Chromecast is another platform that lets you stream your favorite shows and movies on Lg TV. With the use of Chromecast, you can connect your smartphone to the Lg TV. Along with the smartphone, the channel we stream will also get displayed on the TV.
Follow the below steps to watch your favorite entertainment on LG TV:
- Connect your smartphone and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
- Insert the Chromecast HDMI cable in the TV’s port.
- Install the Google Home app on your smartphone and open it. Select your Chromecast device.
- After selecting the Chromecast device a pop-up will be seen on the phone where you need to select the Cast My Screen option.
- After selecting that option, another pop-up will appear where you need to select Start Now option.
- Now, the Lg TV will start mirroring your phone’s screen. Open Spectrum app and enjoy streaming!
Streamline Spectrum on LG TV using Xbox
Xbox One is quite popular and is it is used to play video games on the big TV screen. However, playing video games is not the only feature that it offers.
You can also stream videos on apps that are not available on the LG WebOS. Spectrum app can also be streamed on Lg TV using the Xbox One.
To stream Spectrum using Xbox One, use the following steps:
- Turn on the Xbox One and connect it to the TV.
- Navigate to the app section and search for Spectrum app in the search box.
- Download and install the Spectrum application.
- Open the app and log in to your Spectrum app to enjoy streaming.
These are the only ways to streamline the Spectrum app on your LG TV. Now, let us see the different Spectrum streamline packages.
3 Spectrum Streamline Packages
The available streaming packages on Spectrum are Spectrum TV Choice, Spectrum TV Stream, Spectrum TV Essentials. Now, I will introduce you in detail to each and every streamline package.
Spectrum TV Essential
This streaming package Spectrum TV Essential is the cheapest and the most value-for-money subscription. You will not believe the features this streamline package offers at just $15!
You will be shocked to hear this, the total number of channels this streamline package offers is 50. The channels cover all the main categories like Entertainment, lifestyle, kids, health, fitness, and news.
Spectrum TV Choice
This streaming package is very fascinating as well as useful. Spectrum has several different channels and in this package, you are allowed to choose only ten favorite channels of yours.
Some of the popular and most-watched channels are already included in the plan and you get an option to add additional 10 channels. So, this plan will be more than sufficient for most of the users.
The most awesome thing about this streaming plan is that you all of these channel subscriptions just for $25.
Spectrum TV Stream
The Spectrum TV stream package offers over 20 plus prominent networks and channels. The channels this package offers cover all the categories. May it be Comedy, Kids, Animals, or News.
Some of the channels included in this package include Animal Planet, CBS Discovery, Fox, NBC, and CW News. The best thing is that all these channels are offered at a competitive price of $25.
Wrapping it Up
The Spectrum application isn’t available in the Lg WebOS but you need not worry as I said you ways to streamline it on Lg Smart TV. You have now various options to choose from to watch Spectrum on your Lg Smart TV.
Watching the Spectrum application on Lg Smart TV will definitely cost you some bucks but if you love to watch TV then it is absolutely worth the price. From reading the article, you are now aware of the three streamline packages that Spectrum offers.
The Roku costs a little bit more money compared to other ways. You can choose any of the above-mentioned methods that suit you the most. If you still have doubts or queries make sure to go through the FAQs section.
Frequently Asked Questions about Spectrum & Lg TV
How to connect the smartphone to the TV?: Make sure to connect your smartphone and TV to the same WiFi network. Go to the settings and press the Share and Connect button.
Do we need to pay additional money for using Roku?: YES. You will need to purchase an additional subscription for using the Roku service. There are several plans offered and you can choose the one that suits you. The plan starts at $29.99!
Do you need to buy a subscription for using Chromecast?: NO. There are no service charges for using Chromecast. The only cost is buying the Chromecast device. But, you will need to pay for the app services that you want to use, in this case, it is Spectrum.