It is very frustrating when your favorite show or content creator’s video freezes or lags on Youtube. This has happened to me a couple of times on my Samsung Smart TV, which was extremely annoying. I tried doing many things and changing the Youtube application settings, but nothing worked.
So, finally, the last option left for me was to reinstall Youtube on Samsung Smart TV. But, I didn’t know how to uninstall and reinstall the Youtube app on Samsung Smart TV. So, after researching a lot and going through several tutorials I found the exact way to reinstall Youtube on Samsung TV.
But, there is one thing to keep in mind about the old Samsung Smart TVs. A few years back Youtube rolled out an update stating that the old Samsung Smart TVs will not support the Youtube application. If you have a Samsung smart TV that was launched in the year 2011 or 2012, you can’t reinstall Youtube on them.
However, you can still watch Youtube on those older generations Samsung Smart TVs by screencasting Youtube from other electronic devices like mobile, tablet, or laptop.
How To Reinstall YouTube on Samsung SMART TV
Basically, you will see a Youtube application on the main menu of the Samsung Smart TV. However, if the Youtube application isn’t installed, follow the below steps to install it through the Samsung app center.
- You need to click the Samsung Apps icon located in the main menu. Using your remote controller you can navigate through the menu to Samsung Apps and click it.
- At the top left corner of the Samsung Apps center, you will see a search bar. Enter the search keyword ‘Youtube’ in the search bar and press the enter button. The system will then find the Youtube icon and show it in the result.
- Press the Youtube icon showed in the result. Once you press the Youtube icon you will be redirected to the Youtube installation page. You will see a button having the text Install on the left-hand side of the new installation page. Click Install and the Youtube application will be automatically installed on your Samsung Smart TV.
- However, if you see the options of Uninstall or Open and not Install this means the Youtube application is already installed in your Samsung Smart TV. But, still, if you want to reinstall the Youtube application then don’t worry. You can simply remove it by uninstalling the Youtube application.
It will remove the Youtube application from your Samsung Smart TV successfully. But, to reinstall you need to at first remove all the power sources and switch off the TV. Then, wait for few minutes and turn on the Samsung Smart TV. Follow all the above steps to successfully reinstall the Youtube application on your device.
The above video has visuals steps to install an application on your Samsung Smart TV. If the mentioned steps don’t work for you or you have any issues while performing them, make sure to watch this video. This video will solve all your doubts and easily you can install any application like Youtube on the Samsung Smart TV.
Youtube App Bugs & Issues with Samsung Smart TV
As the users suggest, there have been a lot of issues with the Youtube app on the Samsung Smart TV for a long time. The main reasons behind most of these issues are the Youtube updates that the old Samsung Smart TV doesn’t support.
Not everyone has the budget to get a new Samsung Smart TV just for seeing Youtube on it. So, we need to find some way to fix all these issues and bugs. Every time I have issues with the Youtube app I search for the solution on Google or Youtube. To help you solve your issue I have given solutions to most of the common issues and bugs.
The mentioned are the bugs that I myself have faced in the past and what is the fix for them.
Samsung manufacturers say that the ‘Youtube remote buttons not working’ issue has been successfully fixed. However, many of us face this issue on regular basis.
However, the fix to this issue is quite easy. When you are watching a video on Youtube press the back button for few seconds and the application will crash redirecting you to the home screen. Pressing the back button for a long time triggers an unknown command to Youtube and it crashes. Then, you can relaunch the Youtube application and most of the time the button again works perfectly fine.
If you want a permanent fix to this issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Youtube application on your Samsung Smart TV. A new copy or version of the Youtube application may fix this issue permanently.
Related Article– Does Chromecast work without Internet?
Youtube application doesn’t open on Samsung Smart TV
A lot of times the Youtube app doesn’t properly open on the Samsung Smart TV. The Youtube application freezes at the grey screen and it stays as it is.
This screen freeze can take place due to the Samsung system software issue, cache corrupting, or error while updating the application. This issue can be easily solved by these solutions:
- Try relaunching the application but you can’t do that as the grey screen is frozen. Press the back button for few seconds until the application crashes and redirects to the main menu. From there select the Youtube app and relaunch it.
- However, if this doesn’t work for you then try powering off the TV and remove the power plug from the socket. Wait for few minutes and put the power plug back in the socket. Power on the Samsung TV and relaunch the Youtube app.
- Now, if you are still not able to fix the grey screen freeze issue then the last option is reinstalling the app. Uninstall the Youtube application and reinstall a new copy of the Youtube application using the above steps.
If still after doing all this you are not able to solve your problem then I would suggest contacting the support. Also, take a look at the Samsung support page it has some more common issues that you may face along with easy fixers from them. You can take a look at it if nothing worked for you.