If you’re a ring doorbell user, you might’ve faced connectivity issues. There might be some situations where your Ring Doorbell lost connections with your Wi-Fi. Or it might also be possible when you move to a new place and work out to connect the Wi-Fi to your Ring doorbell. You might try to restart your doorbell to fix these issues.
Don’t worry, here is everything you need to know about troubleshooting.
Now, how to reboot your Ring Video Doorbell? Here are the steps to help you with resetting your Ring Video Doorbell:
- Firstly, take off your Ring doorbell from its mounting, work with a screwdriver to screw out the screws. You can use Screwdriver-Torx and that is highly recommended.
- Open your Ring App on your phone.
- Navigate to the “Devices”, and then pick the device.
- Tap on the “Device Health”, then click on “Change Wi-Fi”.
- Now, there’s an orange button present on the back of your Ring doorbell. Press it.
- Firstly connect your Ring Wi-Fi and phone, then connect your Home Wi-fi and Ring device through your phone.
That’s it, you’ve reset your Ring doorbell Wi-fi and connected it to your current Wi-Fi.
In this read, you’ll get to know about other Wi-Fi errors and how you can resolve all of them. So, let’s dig in further to discuss more troubleshooting tips that will save you from facing any such issues in the future.
How To Reset Your Wi-Fi on Your Ring Video Doorbell?
When you’re resetting your Wi-fi in the ring doorbell, make sure you’ve put your Ring Video Doorbell in the Set-Up mode. Whether you’re connecting an old Wi-Fi connection or a new one, it is necessary to keep your Ring doorbell in setup mode.
Now, you might wonder how to put your device in setup mode and what exactly does this mode does? Here are the details regarding the same.
How To Put Your Ring Doorbell In The Setup Mode?
Before knowing how you can put your Ring device in setup mode, it is necessary to know what exactly does setup mode does?
Basically, in a Ring doorbell, setup mode broadcasts a short Wi-Fi network. This network connects with your Ring app, and resultantly, you’ll know how you can connect your Home’s Wi-Fi to your Ring Doorbell. Once your Ring doorbell gets into the setup mode, you’ll notice a spinning light on your Ring Doorbell.
To put your Ring device into the setup mode, simply press the orange button present at the backside of your Ring Doorbell. However, if you’re setting up the Ring device for the first time, then it would automatically go into setup mode.
You can also look for more tips to resolve the issue at Ring support. In some cases, even after trying out the above steps, the ring device doesn’t go into setup mode. For that, you have to do a factory reset or hard reset.
Here are the steps to hard reset your Ring Doorbell:
- Take off your Ring Doorbell from its mounting, then using a Torx 15 screwdriver, screw out the screws from your doorbell.
- Now, press the orange button present on the backside of your doorbell for nearly 20 seconds. After this, you’ll see a light blinking on the front of your doorbell, this indicates that your doorbell is restarting.
- When your doorbell restarts, once more push and release the orange button.
How You Can Change Wi-Fi networks on Ring Doorbell?
Most of the time, this issue arises when you’re either switching your internet connection or moving out to a new place. So, if you’ve recently switched your network connection or router, then your doorbell should identify the changes, or else it won’t function.
Hence, if you’ve set up your device, but you’ve to switch it. Then follow these steps to do the same:
- Take off the Ring doorbell from its mounting.
- Open your Ring app on your smartphone.
- Select the device you’ve to reset, then tap on “Device Health”.
- Now, click on the “Change Wi-Fi Network” option, then select your network.
- Push the orange button present at the backside of your doorbell.
If your Ring doorbell is blinking red light, then you can go for a detailed troubleshooting guide to resolve this specific issue.
How To Resolve Wi-Fi Error On Your Doorbell?
There are many reasons behind having your Ring doorbell connected to your Wi-Fi. One of the many reasons is that if your Ring Doorbell is not connected with your Wi-Fi, you won’t be able to enjoy its smart features.
However, sometimes you may as well encounter some connectivity issues such as your doorbell keeps getting disconnected from the Wi-Fi or your device isn’t able to connect to your Wi-Fi. For that, here are the steps to help you with resolving such issues:
- Firstly, examine your Wi-Fi network whether or not it is offering 2.4 GHz of connection, as this is a needed speed for your Ring Doorbell to function. If you have a low connection speed, then either switch your router or network provider.
- The second thing you can do is, simply turn off your modem for nearly 15-20 minutes, then restart it. Yes, it works! As your router at home keeps working for several months without stopping. Because of which they heat up sometimes, this also affects the network signal, hence, you face problems in getting a strong network.
So, turning it off for some time and cooling it down is one of the best things you can do!
- Thirdly, if you’re still facing some issue or you simply don’t trust online solutions, then you can reach Ring Technical Support. Here, you can explain your issue, and after checking they’ll provide you with a solution.
If your internet connection is still very poor and lacking then consider investing in a Ring Chime Pro that also functions as a wifi extender!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can you change the password in your Ring app?
The process is pretty simple. Here are the steps for that:
- Open your Ring App, then tap on the three dots present at the top left corner of your screen.
- Now, tap on “Account”, then click on “Change Password”.
- Enter your new password in the new password box.
- Put in your new password, then confirm your new password.
- That’s it, you’ve changed the password in your Ring App successfully.
That’s it, you’ve changed the password in your Ring App successfully.
One thing you should know is that your new password should contain eight characters including numbers, special characters, and letters.
How can you reset your Ring Spotlight camera?
The reset switch is present at the top of your Ring Spotlight cam. Press the reset button for nearly 30 seconds. After releasing the button, you’ll notice that the status light is blinking, this indicates that your Ring spotlight cam has been successfully reset.
I hope this read helped you with resolving your issues!